Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Today I wanted to share with you some before and after photos of my recently updated laundry room!
It started something like this...
 IMG_6103 - Copy

and now it looks like this!
IMG_7965

Here’s a before photo of the other side:
IMG_6104

And after:

I could NOT be happier! (And I couldn’t have done it without the help of my dad, who listens to me explain my ideas, and then, with much talent and skill, makes it a reality. Thank you, dad!)

Here’s the scoop on everything we did…
The first thing I wanted to do was paint the room.  Decisions, decisions. I knew I wanted a beadboard wall, so I leaned the board against the wall with paint samples around it to see what I wanted.  We sampled SW Believable Buff, SW Kilem Beige, MS Spun Sugar, MS Forest Lichen, Valspar Frappe, MS Toasted Marshmallow and a few others.

The winner? Martha Stewart’s Toasted Marshmallow (color matched using Behr paint). It’s the one to the right of the blue swatch.

Samples3

Here’s the biggest wall in the room, freshly painted.  LOVE this color. (And, the following photo a pretty good representation of the new paint color. Toasted marshmallow is a gorgeous neutral khaki color. The wall color used to be the same as the ceiling, so you can see the difference best in this photo, too.)

 IMG_6127

We added beadboard, molding, hooks and new artwork to finish off this wall. 
 IMG_7795

I found the wall art at Hobby Lobby.

The other side of the room got a major overhaul with new cabinets. (Custom cabinets with beadboard fronts that my dad made!)
IMG_7794 

Here they are completed.  I went with dark hardware and hinges  to match the hooks on the other side of the room.

IMG_7942 
 IMG_7944 
 IMG_7951   


(p.s. I LOVE the new small shelf over the washer/dryer which keeps everyday items off the tops off of them!) 

A few other small details to finish off the space like my new recyclable trash bag keeper that I made:
IMG_7955  

I used to keep my recyclable sacks in a plastic sack (where else?) here in this Target sack:


 
arrow

Now my new bag keeper hangs on the wall and out of the way, but easily accessible, as we seem to grab these a lot:

IMG_7946  

We also swapped out the builder grade light fixture for this fancy schmancy one I found at Lowes:


IMG_1723 - Copy 
IMG_1719

And recently I found two rugs at Home Goods to complete the room.  IMG_7958 

I spend a LOT of time in this room, and I couldn’t be happier with the results! 

A few more before and after photos:
before and after

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think! 
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.