Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ballards Design catalog is always full of great ideas and great decor, and these fun pillows are no exception and seem to be favorite in blogland.
blog1
Many of you have already done this knock off project, but I thought I’d share my no-sew version.
First I purchased some pillow shams.  (I love no- sew projects!) After hunting at several craft stores, I finally purchased the ones I wanted online.
blog1a
These were exactly the color I wanted, and the texture is lovely.  It has the burlap color and look, and it has a framed area in the middle of the pillow for your pattern.
blog2
It helps to have one of these when making a template for the letters:
blog4
After measuring and cutting out the template with removable contact paper, I placed the template on the sham:
blog7
Practice with paper first until you know exactly how big you want the wording and where to position it.
blog6
Next, I used a fabric paint to fill in the letters:
blog8
I used a dauber and pounced up and down carefully so as not to get the paint under the template. 
blog9
All done and waiting for the paint to dry so I can remove the templates:
blog10
Once the paint is dry, I removed the stencil and then steam-ironed the shams to set the paint color.
I purchased some pillow inserts at Hancocks Fabrics to fill the shams:
blog3
The 15 inch pillow shams called for 16 inch pillow inserts.   Here are the finished pillows…
blog11
blog12
The pillows are a pretty tea-stained color, though my camera makes them look more off-white.  I’m very pleased with them.  This pair is sold, but I may make more with different lettering. Stay tuned!
Thanks for visiting!

Linking to
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.