Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The elementary school is having a bake sale tomorrow night.  Since I made these treats for teachers earlier this month and they seemed to be a hit, I decided to make them again for the bake sale. All. 200. of. them. But it’s for a great cause, and I’m hoping they’ll be snatched up quick!

I started with the ingredients below. Yea, I know.  I was going to only get the pink marshmallows but sent hubby to the store and he comes back with every flavor available. Lesson learned.  =)
IMG_4164
Most everything above came from Walmart. The lollipop sticks can be found at Hobby Lobby or Party City. Both places sell a package of 50 for $1.99.

Here's the thing with sprinkles and colored sugars: they are pricey.  Who knew? My suggestion: buy them on sale after a holiday or look for them at discount stores.  

For instance, the two larger bottles in the middle are the same size. The multi-colored ones on the right from Walmart were $3.99.  The solid pink ones on the left from Ross were $1.99.  I’m just sayin’.

Line 'em up:
IMG_4168
I usually line a cookie sheet with foil, put the sticks in the marshmallows, set out all the sprinkles in small dipping bowls, and then melt the chocolate.  That way you’re ready to go with the chocolate is melted.

IMG_4169
After dipping in chocolate and then coating with sprinkles, I lay them flat while the chocolate hardens. I usually put them in the freezer to speed the drying process.  About 10 minutes will do.

IMG_4170
White or crystal sugar doesn’t show up too great on chocolate, so I mixed it with some pink and red.  Yum.

IMG_4171
Whose kid
wouldn’t want to devour anything coated in multi-colored or chocolate sprinkles  aka “jimmies”?!

IMG_4172
Since I’m taking these to a bake sale, I decided to package them up.  These Ziploc-style treat bags from Dollar Tree are the perfect size to fit two treats.

IMG_4176
Finally, I thread pink ribbon through a basket and made a simple tag for the bake sale.

The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.