Tuesday, April 21, 2009

This morning I painted a three-tiered cake on a pedastal with flowers and greenery for a "Sweet Treats" challenge. I host the weekly challenge over on Chic Chics Yahoo Group ... if you're a painter, you might wanna check it out!

Anyway, I didn't like the way the roses looked, so I kept dabbing the paintbrush and eventually it took on a whole new impressionist look.

I had to stop painting when I spilled my dirty paint water all over the counter. Luckily, my canvas wasn't next to the spill at the time!

I still need to tweak a couple of areas, but for now my painting looks like this:


By the way, when I asked my four-year-old what she thought of it, she said, "that's a pretty flower pot, mommy." So there ya go. And here I thought it was a cake...

Later in the day I painted another piece! I hardly ever get two paintings done in one day! This one is a pedestal bowl full of roses and chocolates.

Once again, my four-year-old looked at it and said, "that looks like a giant bowl of ice cream, mom." You decide....

The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Posted in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.