Monday, June 29, 2009

Each year, it seems as though I start painting for the holidays sooner than I did the year before. But, that's a good thing, right?!

I've recently completed these Halloween art pieces...some I'll keep and some I'll put in my Etsy shop in September!

First, and probably my favorite, is a large 12x16 canvas titled "Three Moon Inn" that I painted with acrylics...



here's a few closeups on the enchanted Inn...


I also created several oversized tags (4x6 ) featuring some spooky jack o lanterns...


here's a closeup of one of the spooky fellas...

This is a fun set of tags I painted featuring Pumpkin Longlegs, Miss Witch's Boot and Scat Cat Man ... don't they look festive and ready for the holiday?


Here are some closeups ... I'm starting to experiment more with the layered background look. It's a new concept for me so it's a challenge, but fun! I think Pumpkin Longlegs is my fave!


The other day I was at Hobby Lobby and found this "love sweet love" plaque on clearance for under $2. The plaque measures 8x8 and it's just the surface I needed to create a new mixed media piece featuring a primitive Halloween girl. I bought two of these plaques, so maybe I'll create a little Mr. to go with her??

Here's the plaque before....



and here's the after...it's my original design featuring a prim little Halloween witch. I used a polka dot paper for the background and then about 5 layers of washed acrylics. Then I used some stamps in the background and premium scrapbook papers to make her hat. I added some shading and sealed the entire piece with a gel medium.


I can't decide if I need to add something to the right of the girl or leave it as is. I was thinking of adding a Halloween quote or some sort of text. What do YOU think? Comments encouraged!

That's all I have for now. More goodies to share soon!
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Posted in : , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.