Thursday, July 12, 2012

So, I had this idea of having mirrors built for my daughters’ rooms. I wanted something full length, with a chunky wood frame around it so I could paint it.  I’ve finally finished one of them… and today I’m sharing the result:

before and after

After finding inspiration like this and this on Pinterest, I knew what I wanted.  So my dad and I spent the morning at Home Depot and picked out the mirrors, the wood, and the molding and sketched out The Plan. 

We made two of them just alike, and they’ve been hanging like this (unfinished) in my girls’ rooms  for months while I redecorate their rooms. 

IMG_8724

But after many months of debating color and quote, I finally finished one!  Yay!

I painted the top portion white, then put on the quote using contact paper I cut on my Cricut.  Then I gave everything a fresh coat of hot pink spray paint (Rustoleum’s Berry Pink).  Once dry, I removed the contact paper revealing the white wording. 

IMG_8726

I love the extra touch of molding on the top and bottom of the frame.

IMG_8725

Here’s a tip for any of you who do crafty paint projects: use old vinyl tablecloths as drop cloths. They are a great size, cheap, and disposable.

IMG_8748

Finally finished!

IMG_8731

IMG_8749

One mirror down, one to go.

IMG_8751

Any suggestions for a quote I can use on the next mirror?

The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.