Monday, November 22, 2010

IMG_1152
I made a handful of these faux gingerbread cookies for swap.  They’re a snap to create, and today’s tutorial shows you how I made ‘em…
First, I bought a roll of cork (the non-adhesive kind) at Hobby Lobby.  I used a cookie cutter to trace the outline of the cookie and then I cut it out.IMG_1038
Next, I used a combination of brown Folk Art paints (I used Real Brown and Teddy Bear Brown) to paint the cork on both sides.  Dipping the brush in both shades of brown before brushing onto the ornament gives it a more natural, shaded look.  A solid brown color would work just as well.
IMG_1039
I used some white dimensional paint (Americana Writer) for the icing.  I did this freehand, but you could mark with chalk or a pencil first.
IMG_1053
A fresh “baked” batch…
IMG_1054
Finally I used a regular hole punch to punch a hole at the top of each ornament, then strung them with pink and white polka dot ribbon.
IMG_1152
How cute would these look in a treat bag and given as a hostess or teacher gift?  An easy craft the kids can help with, too.  Enjoy!
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Posted in : ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.