Tuesday, April 5, 2011

You’ve probably seen these great Easter eggs in the Pottery Barn catalog already:

PB Eggs

Source: Pottery Barn

Here’s my version, and today I’ll show you how I did it:
IMG_3267

I started with these eggs and moss from Hobby Lobby.
I already had the glass jar.
IMG_3090

I used a one inch stencil to dry brush the letters onto the eggs.IMG_3264
(Side note … I found this wooden game board at Goodwill many months ago and bought it for $1.  Works great for when I’m painting round objects like eggs and Christmas ornaments. )

Next, I glazed the eggs using Ralph Lauren’s Smoke glaze. Glaze one side at a time by applying with a sponge brush and wiping off with a paper towel.
IMG_3260

It’s subtle, but you can see how the glaze is softening up the bright white eggs. Here’s one half done so you can see the difference:

IMG_3262

I chose random letters and numbers…
IMG_3266

IMG_3267

I placed the eggs and moss in the glass jar turning the eggs so they faced out:
IMG_3268

A fun addition to my Easter decor…
IMG_3269
IMG_3270
IMG_3280
IMG_3284
IMG_3285

Theirs:
PB Eggs

Mine:
IMG_3266

Thanks for visiting!

Linking to
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.