Monday, July 11, 2011

We picked up these nightstands at an estate sale and they were the perfect project for a makeover using Annie Sloan’s chalk paint.
before
after
They started  out in pretty rough shape:
blog 1
Lots of scratches, places where the varnish had been removed, I even found melted wax that had dripped all over one of them:
blog 2 
I gave them a quick sanding and then grabbed my new Annie Sloan chalk paint in Old White:
blog 16
I have been looking forward to using this paint for some time now!  As I mentioned in this post, the paint dries very quickly and it is a breeze to distress.  I gave this pair of nightstands two coats of paint.
After painting, I waxed the nightstands using Fiddes brand light wax:
blog 15
Then I sanded the edges for a distressed look:
blog 11
And replaced the hardware with bronze cup pulls which I just love:
blog 8
I love how they turned out:
blog 14
The finished project:
before and after
We put these on Craigslist, and they sold within 3 days.  Woo hoo!  And I’m already working on more makeovers.
Thanks for visiting.
More projects coming up soon!

Linking to:
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.