Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I love this shirt I saw a few weeks ago on Pinterest, and I wanted to share a tutorial on how I made one for my daughter.
I started with a plain white tee and taped it down to prevent wrinkles while I worked.  I put a sheet of paper (ok, it was Kohl’s ad) under the shirt to keep the ink from bleeding through to the back of the shirt.
Blog1 with wm
Then I used a ruler and  blue & red Sharpie markers to draw the lines.
Blog3 with wm
I was NOT precise with the spacing of the lines. I just eyeballed it…simply because this shirt will be worn by a very active child, who I promise you will not sit still long enough for you to notice any imperfections.  =)
Next, I printed some text for the front of the shirt on copier paper.
Blog4 with wm
I slipped the paper inside the shirt and lined up the text where I wanted it to go.
Blog5 with wm
Then I used a black sharpie to color in the words. I thought my letters were getting too close together and would be difficult to read, so I only outlined the last word.  Turns out, I like this better than if I’d colored in everything.
Blog6 with wm
Ready for school!
Blog7 with wm
Thanks for visiting!

Linked to:
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Posted in : , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.