Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I recently finished a large custom order for some subway art featuring various Bible verses.
blog4
This collection is four 16 x 20 canvases and two 20 x 24 canvases.  Here’s a quick tutorial…

I first designed the wording and layout on the computer. I used a photo editing software called PagePlus x4.  Then I cut out all the letters on my Cricut using repositionable contact paper.

Next I painted the canvases an heirloom white color before putting on the lettering.  Placing the letters is probably the most time consuming part of the process, along with designing the layout.
IMG_5631
Next up is a coat of black paint right over the lettering.
blog2
After it dries, I used a spatula tool to gently lift the vinyl letters off the canvas.
blog3
Lastly, I use a sand block to lightly distress the canvas edges and corners.
distress
Here’s a sneak peek of the finished project:
1
2 
3
4
5 

6  
Additional copies are available to order in my Etsy store.
blog4
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.