Sunday, August 30, 2009

Magnetic Halloween Calendar



This project was a blast to put together. It started with this sign I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby...

BEFORE

And now it's a magnetic Halloween calendar...
AFTER

 

The sign was already metal, so I knew it would work great for this project! I've been wanting to do a magnetic advent/Halloween calendar for about two years and I'm so excited it's DONE.

I spraypainted the sign black and then painted on the calendar lines with a brush liner.

For the images, I went straight to Lisa's Altered Art
. She is my "go to gal" for all sorts of images. Take a peek at all the cool stuff she does! I just looove all her goodies!

Looking in my craft stash, I found a bag of wooden squares and glued a different image on each wooden square. Here's what they looked like right outta the bag...




Back to my craft stash, and I find some leftover 1-inch magnet squares from a previous craft, and adhered those to the backs of the wooden squares.

Now to work on the calendar day numbers. I printed the numbers in a typewriter font (Headline) and inked those up to match the images. I cut those out and glued 'em on each square. I inked up the edges of each square 'cause that's just a whole lotta fun right there.


One last dig in my craft stash and I found a bag of random Scrabble letters. I found letters for each day of the week, and a few spooky words, too. I just LOVE when a project like this comes together! Then I attache
d magnets to them and put them in place.

Be sure to check out this post for the Christmas version of this calendar!

Here's a few final closeups...click on a pic for a detailed photo of these fun images!







 



Be sure to check out this post for the Christmas version of this calendar!

This calendar has been sold, but I'm prepared to make more! Please leave a comment if you would like to order one.

Check out a few more cool boards at granvillehouse blog!

I'm featuring this before and after creation on Thrifty Chick's Before & After Party post and over on Twice Remembered's blogspot, so be sure to check there for even more way cool before & after pictures!

I've added this to the Falling for Fall party over at Blue Cricket Design's blog, too!
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Posted in : , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.