Thursday, October 29, 2009

My online painting group is having a "Trash to Treasure" swap. Each person sends a "trash" item to someone who "treasurizes" it and sends it back to you.

My partner sent me this used cutting board. I thought for a couple of weeks about how to fix it up. Paint a picture on it? Alter it? Make it functional? Hmmm. So many options, so little time!


My plan came into focus when I saw a quote on a plaque at a craft show that I really liked. It said, "Trouble knocked at the door, but, hearing laughter, hurried away." I loved the quote and wanted to use it someway and came up with this:


First, I painted the board black. Then I adhered a black and white toile paper for the background. Next, I printed the quote and name on a different scrapbook paper, inked the edges, and attached those. Then I screwed on the "door knocker" (a drawer pull) that I found at Hobby Lobby. Next, I distressed the edges of the board and attached a toile bow at the top. And finally, I attached a hanger to the back so my partner can hang this on the wall if she chooses.

I hope my partner likes her "treasurized" item!

This before & after project is linked up with Thrifty Decor Chick's B&A party. Check out all the great projects here.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Posted in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.