Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I love just about all things pumpkin, so it's no surprise when I found a pattern for this sweet pumpkin in a craft magazine, I wanted to paint one, too....


And while I'm on the topic of pumpkins, I want to share my favorite pumpkin bread recipe with you. If you put a cream cheese frosting on it, it's more like a pumpkin cake. Or add a bag of chocolate chips for some variety. YUM. I've made it as a cake, bread loaves, and muffins. It's awesome any which way...great for gifts, too!

PUMPKIN BREAD

1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 cups sugar
3 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 (16 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin

DIRECTIONS:
In a mixing bowl, dream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until bread tests done.


And one more sweet pumpkin item....

I discovered these Pumpkin Spice Hershey's Kisses today and OH MY GOODNESS they are delish...
What's your favorite pumpkin treat or recipe?
I want to know!
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Posted in : ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.