Friday, December 18, 2009

Well, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and show a few pictures of our Christmas decorations. I've found so many good ideas in blogland that I'm already making a list of things to do and make for next year! Whew! Now that's planning ahead!

Here's a simple idea to dress up your framed Christmas photos (blurred on purpose per hubby's request). I simply tied a green and white polka dot ribbon around the frame before securing the back of the frame in place. Don't they kinda look like presents?!


Below: Large candy canes I found at the Dollar Tree (2 for $1). Can't beat that for an easy decoration...


This little arrangement is on top of the piano in the family room...


These candlesticks get a lot of use on the mantle. At Christmas they hold ornaments, in the spring they hold Easter eggs, in the fall they hold pumpkins...


I got the greatest stocking hooks this year. I finalllly broke down and bought them from Solutions.com after ogling them for years. They are wooden and are made to just sit on the mantle, AND they will hold a stocking FULL of goodies!


Here's a closeup of the hooks:


I found this idea for a photo banner on the Michaels project website. So easy! I printed about twenty 4x6 black & white photos and used decoupaged clothespins to clip them to this lighted garland. This open shelving unit is just about history, by the way. Hubby bought me a new buffet for Christmas to take its place!


New buffet looks like this:


Another look at the banner...


I took this photo for those of you that know about Elf on the Shelf. Last night, Jingles (our Elf) landed on our picture above the mantle when he flew back from the North Pole...hubby is so clever.


A simple decoration on the counter in the powder room...


Also in the powder room on the counter...a small lighted Christmas tree. It's decorated with crocheted ornaments from my MIL and pretty red bows. I just recently found the "Season's Greetings" bucket to set it in...


Found this at Hobby Lobby half off last week...the tree fits perfect inside it!


Mr. Snowman...bring me some snow...a painting I did last year...

A vintage looking tin from Michaels perched on a candle holder...


Some handmade decorations...


Hmmm...can't remember where I found this pillow. Target, maybe? I love the pompom fringe ...


My obessesion ... good smelling soap from Marshalls, Home Goods, TJ Maxx, etc. Love this brand and the Candy Cane scent is wonderful! We have a bottle at almost every sink in the house!


And finally...in the kitchen are glass jars filled with ornaments, huge jingle bells, and cookie cutters!


So there ya go. A little peak at our Christmas decorations. Maybe there's an idea or two in there for you!

This season it is my hope that we all remember the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Happy Birthday, Jesus!

Merry Christmas!

The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Posted in : ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.