Monday, January 31, 2011

Here’s an easy spring craft I recently created.  I started with a coffee mug from a thrift store…
blog2-1
Apply some sandpaper or other scratchy material to give some grit to the finish so it will hold some paint.
blog2-2
Next,  apply some glaze with a sponge brush and then wipe off with a paper towel.  Here is the glaze I use:
blog2-3
Applying the glaze will give the cup a bit of a distressed and aged look like this:
blog2-4
I grabbed my acrylic paint (color = Buttercrunch) and used a dry brush to create even more layers…
blog2-5
Doesn’t it look more weathered now?  Just the look I wanted.  Next, I filled it with some brown straw and a bird. 
blog2-6
Tweet. Tweet.
blog2-7
Nice as is, but even better in a group of spring decor…
nest5
Check out my previous post to see a tutorial on the basket on the left.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.