Wednesday, October 5, 2011

blog7
Last year I created a few of these pears and received several requests for a tutorial.  Since I’m making a few more this year, I finally posting a a tutorial with new pictures. 
You can’t go wrong with a dollar craft, especially when it turns out better than you imagine.  That’s why I was glad to see a few of these paper mache pears in the dollar aisle at Target a few weeks ago.
blog1 
I used Folk Art’s Forest Moss and Hauser Green Light.
blog2
I just double dipped my sponge brush and then applied the paint evenly to the entire pear.
blog3
I used my Cricut to cut out a stencil of a partridge in a pear tree.
blog4
With the stencil in place, I used a scruffy brush to apply some cream paint.  Make sure your brush is dry or the paint will bleed under the stencil.
 blog5
I topped it with some satin ribbon and placed it on a pedestal for show. This one is a wooden pear from a friend, which I lightly distressed:
blog6
These are paper mache:blog7
blog8
blog9
blog7 
Thanks for visiting today!
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.