Thursday, December 22, 2011

I made several scarves lately and wanted to share how I did it. 
First, I purchased some fleece fabric from Hancock fabrics. I used this fabric for two Baylor alums, so went with a pattern of green and gold:
IMG_7323
I bought half a yard in order to make two scarves.  I used my cutting board and rotary cutter to trim up the edges.
IMG_7326 
Next I cut the length of the fabric in two (each strip was around 8 inches wide):
IMG_7327
To finish them up, I fringed the edges by cutting in 3 inch strips on each end of the scarf. I used straight pins to keep them even.
IMG_7330
All done…
IMG_7335
Then I rolled them up and topped them with ribbon and a bow!
IMG_7336
I also made a whole stash of scarves for Christmas party favors for my daughters class at school. For this project,  I used  $3 fleece throw blankets from Big Lots and cut it in 6 inch wide strips using the length of the throw blanket.  I was able to do 20 scarves using only two blankets.
scarves
They were a hit!
 Kinder class party
Thanks for looking! And Merry Christmas!
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Posted in : , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.