Thursday, June 7, 2012

I’ve always liked Pottery Barn’s typography wall art from a few years ago.  They offered this vintage-looking typewriter art …
PB typewriter art 
and this big, bold number canvas:
pb number art
I love the idea of this artwork in a crafting space, so I’ve put it in my inspiration board to reference as I create my craft room:
mood board
This week, I re-created the artwork on huge 2’x3’ canvases:
IMG_8567
IMG_8566
First, I painted both canvases (Sherwin Williams' Fresh Linen) and then I put down my letters and numbers which I cut on repositionable contact paper using my Cricut. Next I painted black over everything. When that was dry, I peeled off the letters/numbers. For the typewriter art, I then used a liner brush to create the light circles just inside the black circles. Once everything was dry, I gave it a light coat of glaze (Ralph Lauren’s Smoke color) to soften up the colors.
IMG_8568
IMG_8563 - Copy - Copy
Theirs ran around $200-$300 each.  I bought my canvases on a 50% sale for $12.50 each at Hobby Lobby.theirs and mine letters
theirs and mine numbers
IMG_8563 - Copy
IMG_8568
A few more things to do to the room before a final reveal with lots more pics, but it’s coming along nicely!
Thanks for visiting!

Linking to 
Beneath My Heart
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.