Friday, June 15, 2012

When Traci at Beneath Your Heart posted about how to have two hours to yourself everyday with four boys at home all summer, I was more than intrigued.
Well, we’ve adapted her system and it’s working great!
IMG_8672
First, I grabbed some craft sticks from my stash and wrote an activity on each one. 
IMG_8667
Our activities are:
  • computer time
  • reading time
  • coupons (This is a service project for the military which involves cutting coupons from the Sunday paper.)
  • Wii (We chose Dance 3 for a little exercise!)
  • paint (A few squirts of acrylic paint on paper plates, some cardstock paper, a paintbrush, and some imagination is all that’s required at this station, which is at the kitchen table.)
  • tv or movie
  • puzzles
On milder days, we’ll include playtime outside, riding bikes, sidewalk chalk, bubbles, etc.
When it’s “station time” each child picks a stick out of the cup and goes to that station for 30 minutes.
IMG_8664
My youngest gets bored at about 20 minutes, so we might shorten the time a bit.
IMG_8672
What I like about the stations is that both my girls are occupied, and they’re doing their own thing so there is no bickering.
When they’re “station-ing”, I’m getting a few minutes to myself.  I’d like to say I’m cleaning and organizing and cooking dinner, etc.  But really, all I’ve done is start a load of laundry and write a blog post.  But I’ll get there…
Thanks for visiting!
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Posted in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.