Thursday, August 2, 2012


happy birthday tutorial

I love birthdays.

And words written in black and white script.

And distressed wooden signs.

And shiny things. 

So, it was no surprise to me when I saw this project on Pinterest that it ended up on my Creative To Do list.

Here’s how mine turned out:

Happy Birthday Sign - Tutorial 1

I started with a scalloped board and crystal shiny drawer pull I purchased at Hobby Lobby.


Happy Birthday Sign - Tutorial 2

First I painted the board (using my Cricut for the lettering), then distressed the edges with sandpaper.

Happy Birthday Sign - Tutorial 9

Next, I attached the drawer pull. (Note: Once the drawer pull was screwed in, the part of the screw that extended past the board on the back had to be cut and then sanded down so it can lay flat.)

Happy Birthday Sign - Tutorial 8

The tags are made from paint stir sticks, and were cut about 4.5 inches wide with two small holes drilled at the top for the jute string.

Pinned Image source

Stir sticks make great wooden tags and look great hanging from the crystal knob. 

Happy Birthday Sign - Tutorial 7

I spray painted the tags using Rustoleum Chalkboard paint.

Happy Birthday Sign - Tutorial 6

I love using chalkboard so the names can easily be changed.

Happy Birthday Sign - Tutorial 4

What a fun way to remember birthdays! 
 
 Happy Birthday Sign - Tutorial 3   
Here’s another idea I had … let kids write their  Birthday Wish List items on the tags. 

Happy Birthday Sign - Tutorial 13

Fun!

Happy Birthday Sign - Tutorial 10 
Thanks for visiting!

Lori

The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.