Saturday, September 5, 2009

Here's a super simple way to make a child's apron. I did these last year for my kids and they loved them.

First, I bought some cute placemats on sale at Kohls and paired them with some coordinating ribbon I had on hand.

Next, I used a sewing machine to tack down the corners of the placemat and stitch on the ribbon for the apron ties. (Other options: hand stitch or hot glue.)

I lucked out, 'cause this placemat came with the "Merry Christmas" embroidery AND the pom pom fringe!



Below is a round placemat which only required the ribbon to be stitched on. Seriously, it took longer to haul out the sewing machine and set it up than it did to actually complete this project from start to finish....and I made two each of the aprons pictured.


Hope you try this! It was quick and easy and these make great gifts, too.

This post is featured on Twice Remembered's blog. Be sure to check it out for more fun projects! Also Just A Girl is throwing an "I Can Make That!" party and I'm linked up there, too!

The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.